Swatches (left to right): 100% Pure Foundation ‘White Peach’, Aubrey Organics Translucent base ‘Beige’ (barely visible), Lavera mineral rouge powder ‘Lovely Peach 03’, Zuzu Luxe cream brow pencil ‘Russet’, Silk Naturals brow cream ‘Medium Ash’, Nude by Nature lipliner ‘Chique’
Hey! Oh my gosh, Im finally back after yet another hiatus! 😃
After a lot of experimentation with natural makeup products, I’ve finally come up with a routine that is quick, easy, and looks flawlessly natural.
So without further ado, here it is: my go-to ‘no makeup’ makeup routine
- 100% Pure super-fruits healthy foundation ‘white peach’
- Aubrey Organics silken Earth translucent base ‘beige’
- Lavera ‘lovely peach 03’ mineral rouge powder
- Zuzu Luxe ‘russet’ cream brow pencil
- Silk Naturals ‘medium ash’ brow cream
- Lily Lolo Natural Mascara
- Nude by Nature natural ‘chique’ mineral lipliner
- Hurraw chai spice lip balm
- Real Techniques blending sponge for a flawless application
- The 100% Pure Foundation has a rather drying, matte finish, so I find it best applied straight after moisturising. I find that it sits very well under the Pai Rosehip Oil. Simply squirt a few pumps and blend onto the face with fingers. Use a damp sponge to go over everything and ensure it is well blended. The 100% Pure Foundation is now my HG natural foundation. It is fantastic for oily skin, never breaks me out and has great coverage but somehow still looks so natural.
- Apply a small amount of the Aubrey Organics Translucent Powder over the top to set the foundation with a large powder brush. I forgot how good this stuff is!! Although it doesnt act well as a foundation alone due to lack of coverage, it is amazing as a setting powder, and will keep makeup in place all day long
- Using a smaller brush, apply the Lavera peach blush to the cheeks. Everyone has their own way of applying blush based on their face shape and bone structure. I find I like it best right on top of my cheekbones, swept away towards my temples. This particular blush might look scarily orange in the pan (and I stayed away from it for a long time because of that), but it seriously just adds the most gorgeous bronzey natural flush of colour when on the face
- Give the lashes a couple of generous coats of the Lily Lolo mascara. Make sure you get right at the roots! This particular mascara gives the most amazing combination of length and volume, without being overly clumpy. Thinking of doing a full-review soon to show what a difference it makes to the overall look of the lashes
- Use the Zuzu Luxe brow pencil to define the base of the brows with light, feathery strokes. Then go over and blend in slightly with the fingers to avoid it looking harsh. I love this pencil, but find it can be a little stiff, so I like to run the tip of it between my fingers first to warm up the waxes before using it
- Using a brow brush, apply the Silk Natural brow powder in any sparse areas, just to give the brows a more full look. This product is my absolute hands-down favourite for the brows. The colour is a PERFECT cool-toned taupe, and it blends in so nicely with my natural brows
- Apply the Nude By Nature lipliner just underneath the natural line of the bottom lips. This works an absolute treat for giving the lips a natural fuller-looking appearance.
- Smack some Hurraw lipbalm (or any lipbalm of choice) on your lips for some moisture and you are good to go!
As you can see this is a rather minimal approach to everyday makeup, but it is so quick and easy to do when you just want a look that is fresh and natural yet flawless. I find myself going for this look almost every day at the moment.
I hope you guys enjoyed it. Please let me know in the comments if you have any questions or comments about absolutely anything in this post, and I’ll be sure to get back to you. Have a great day! 😊💚