Some mornings I just don’t have time to wash my hair…either that, or I just can’t be bothered!
When I switched to using all-natural products, one thing that I really missed was dry shampoo. I used to use the Batiste brand. It was so simple- just spray, wait a moment, comb it through and BAM! Beautiful, non-greasy hair in an instant!
I missed it so much that I decided to create my own, which I based on several recipes I found online. For me, this is the perfect solution. It is 100% natural, works as quickly and effectively as the chemical variety, and also smells great! What else could you ask for in a dry shampoo? 😉
You will need:
- 1/4 cup corn flour/starch (preferably organic)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- Few drops of essential oil (rosemary for brunettes, chamomile for blondes)
- A sifter container (I purchased mine at Spotlight)
Mix the dry ingredients together and then add the essential oil. Pop it in the jar and screw on the lid. Done!
Things to note
- For those with really fair hair, it might be a good idea to lower the amount of cacao. The opposite goes for those with darker hair
- Make sure you comb the powder through very thoroughly- you don’t want little specks to be still visible!
- If irritation occurs, try substituting the corn starch for rice flour
- I find this mixture is also great at adding texture to the hair
Please give this a go and tell me what you think. I hope this saves you some time on those mornings when all you want to do is press the ‘snooze’ button on your alarm…oh wait, that’s every morning? Oh well, join the club! 😀