Apologies for being so terribly late with this, but better late than never, right? 😛
February has been a month of discovery for me. I have tried many new products, but also re-discovered old ones that I’d forgotten about and subsequently come to love.
So here it is, my February favourites *drum roll*
- Silk Naturals Lash Serum: this stuff actually works. I did use it quite a while back, but ran out and took my time ordering another. The serum now comes in a handy pump dispenser, so it’s far more convenient. I didn’t use to use it on my lashes, only my brows to try and regrow some sparse areas. But now I use it on both, and it has made a subtle, yet noticeable difference in both areas. My lashes appear to have thickened a tad, and some sparse areas of my brows have hair growing back. I would, however, not recommend going overboard because sometimes the hairs just need a break once in a while (I’ve found that it works best using it a few times a week on the brows).
- Rainwater Botanicals Perfume Sample in ‘Rain All Day’: so I recently ordered a bunch of samples from Rainwater Botanicals (should have a post on this soon) and one of them included this perfume sample. First off you should note that I LOVE the smell of rain. Fresh, earthy, green. Ugh, it’s just the best!! So this was a must-try for me. Out of all the perfumes samples I tried, this was probably my favourite (tied with maybe Jasmine Winds). Staying power isn’t great, but I think I’d be able to test that better with a full size product. This is somewhat similar to my One Seed ‘Freedom’ perfume, but a LOT less expensive!
- EO Products Peppermint Hand Sanitizer: when my favourite Hugo Naturals Peppermint-Vanilla hand sanitizer became discontinued, I thought my world had ended! 😛 But now I can breathe knowing that there is another that I love probably just as much. This smells exactly like a lovely, sweet peppermint lolly. I take it everywhere!
- Rainwater Botanicals Dead Sea Salt Spray: this stuff is the bomb! I use it in conjunction with the Skin Apotheke Gorgeous Hair Rescue Serum (see below) after a shower and it just gives my hair a really nice texture and appearance. If you have naturally loose curls then this will just enhance them and bring them to life! If not, it will give you that nice, casual beachy wave look.
- Skin Apotheke Gorgeous Hair Rescue Serum: the first thing that hit me when I opened this up was the smell- OMG ITS SO GOOD!!! Like seriously, if they had a perfume of this, I would buy it in a jiffy! The first time I used this, I put it in the roots of my hair, which unfortunately made them rather oily. I now only use it on the ends after I’ve washed my hair and it is still a tad damp, and run it through with my fingers. The ingredients are fantastic and my hair feels super soft after I apply it. HIGHLY recommend this product to anyone, regardless of hair type.
- W3ll People Universalist Colorstick no.3: this was one of those re-discovery products. I remember being disappointed when I first received it, because the colour was different to what I’d been hoping for. I was hoping it would be the perfect cream contour colour, but it was a bit too much on the rosy side for that. On the other hand, I assumed it would be too dark and just not the right colour for me as a blush, but I was totally wrong. I don’t know what it is about this, but the colour just comes off as a nice, earthy, natural flush on your cheeks, and when you apply it in the right place it actually works very well at giving your face some structure. So, big thumbs up for this one, I love it now!
- Dr Hauschka Translucent Makeup in 00: I don’t what it is about this. I can’t say it really does a lot, but for some reason I just love it. I think I’d describe it more as a primer or tinted moisturizer rather than a foundation because the coverage is so sheer. But it just works really well at evening out the skin and acting as a base for powder. It never looks cakey on me, and my skin reacts well to it, which are two reasons why I’ve been loving it at the moment. This was another re-discovery product and I’m nearly out of it now, so I’ll be looking at purchasing another bottle. One thing to note about this product, 00 is the lightest shade and I’d describe my skin as light, so people with very fair skin may not find a match 😦
- Lucy Minerals Foundation in Bisque: so my Lucy Minerals package arrived (should be a full review coming soon) sometime towards the latter end of February, but I don’t need to have been using this long to tell you how much I love it! For something with such great coverage, it looks incredibly natural! On top of that, the shade I got matches my skin better than any other foundation I have used, and my skin has, dare I say it, actually improved since using this!
- Jane Iredale PureBrow Colour in blonde: total rediscovery. I don’t know why I stopped using this, It is amazing! Gives the brows a completely natural-looking finish and keeps them in place all day. I would perhaps like the shade to be a little darker for my eyebrows (I have medium brown hair) but the blonde has great taupe-ish undertones and still does a fine job regardless. Later on I may consider getting the ‘brunette’ and mixing the two shades together to get the perfect custom-made colour.
- Dr Mercola Organic Cocoa Cassava Bar: forget February, this has been a YEAR-round favourite! But I havent always been able to get them because they are fairly expensive and I go through them so quickly (I would happily live off these things!!). Although it feels like you are eating something completely naughty, the best thing is knowing that you’re not! The ingredients are as amazing as the taste. They are highly addictive though, so don’t say I didn’t warn you!