Since starting up a blog, I’ve been keen to involve myself in the exciting events of the blogging community. I decided the opportunity to join a collab post from one of my favourite natural beauty bloggers, iluvjesse444, was too good an opportunity to pass up.
In my opinion, it’s always a bit of a gamble when you shop- you never know whether you’re going to love or hate what you buy… perhaps that’s why it’s so addictive! There are many natural cosmetics that I have bought and regretted buying almost immediately, however there are just as many that I try for a while and wonder, ‘how could I ever have been without that?!’
The following are a list of products that fall into the latter category. Although I am a sucker for new things, I will most likely be repurchasing these products due to their total awesomeness:
- Burt’s Bees facial cleansing towelettes: 99% natural, smell awesome. These towelettes are great for when I just CAN’T be stuffed going through the whole routine of washing, cleansing, moisturizing. I just wipe of the makeup, spray on some toner and hop into bed! ONLY downside is that they do contain phenoxyethanol…but seriously, they’re good wipes.
- Jurlique lavender silk finishing powder: wow, I am in love with the smell! Ingredients are great. Works well for keeping my t-zone matte and my makeup in place. Sturdy packaging with powder puff included. Maybe a bit pricey, but so worth it!
- Physician’s Formula Organic Wear translucent powder (light): for something so inexpensive, it ticks all the boxes! Great ingredients, goes on smoothly, matches my skintone and provides just the right amount of coverage to not look cakey.
- Physician’s Formula Organic Wear jumbo lash mascara: I was blown away when I saw how good this was. I bought this to replace my old, toxic mascara, and didn’t have high hopes- how could this ever be as good as the chemical-laden variety? But I was proven wrong. This makes lashes go cray-cray! I am actually waiting on the new Physician’s Formula ‘fake out’ mascara to arrive from an iHerb order, so I’ll soon be able to compare the two. But take my word on this one- this stuff is awesome!
- Dr. Hauschka translucent bronze concentrate: I can’t even explain exactly what I love about this product- it just seems to make everything better! When mixed in with foundation, it just seems to hide imperfections and brighten up my complexion. I am SO going to buy this again!
- 100% Pure Lip & Cheek Tint in ‘pink grapefruit’: I have already done a review on this product, and if you cannot tell from that, I absolutely love this baby! Beautiful colour, and goes on sooo smoothly. I just want to eat it!
- Rejuva Minerals eye makeup remover: BEAUTIFUL ingredients. Works a treat for removing eye makeup. Just pop a bit on the tips of your fingers, run it through your eyes/eyelashes and wipe with a facial towelette. BYE BYE makeup!
- 100% Pure organic coffee bean eye cream: I have this perpetual fear of developing bags. Having this stuff makes me feel powerful! I can actually tell that it reduces puffiness and keeps me looking slightly more human in the early hours of the morning when no-one should be allowed to see me. Also smells amazing!
- Mychelle Dermaceuticals concealer in ‘creme’: ironically, I am awaiting a replacement on this one as I write. Smooth and soft. Perfect tone and colour for my winter skin. Great coverage. Stellar ingredients. Can also be used to create a blank lip canvas. You gotta get on this!
- Burt’s Bees tinted lip balm in ‘honeysuckle’: I’ve figured out that pale lip colours look better on me. This is a beautiful soft pinky-peach that works great as an everyday lip-balm. May not work on every skin-tone, but certainly on mine!
- Ecco Bella Flowercolor Blush in ‘Earthy Rose’: I use this a contour powder. I love the fact that it’s matte, pressed, and has a blue base rather than orange. This is decently pigmented and lasts a long time on my face and in the box. Ingredients such as ‘sweet almond oil’ and ‘green teas extract’ make me love it even more.
- Nude by Nature eyebrow pencil in ‘blonde’: I use this regularly to fill in any sparse areas and define my brows. This pencil goes on smoothly and doesn’t look artificial. I have learn that going a few shades lighter than your natural brow colour is the way to go! The spoolie brush at the other end also gets used frequently to comb brows in shape. I seriously could not be without this now!
Swatches: Nude by Nature blonde eyebrow pencil, Mychelle Dermaceuticals creme concealor, Ecco Bella earthy rose blush, Burt’s Bees honeysuckle tinted lip balm
iluvjesse444 is a green beauty blogger who also does videos on Youtube comparing and reviewing a variety of natural makeup products. You should totally check out her blog: http://iluvjesse444.blogspot.com.au/